Web-Hanglin-pack ver 0.412
Japanese English Korean
text by chiyu
What is Web-Hanglin-pack
ZIP archive file: hglin-p.zip
Original Web-Hanglin was made by
modified it by adding some features.
- By using Web-Hanglin-pack, you can input Hangul characters with mouse.
so you can easily use it on your web pages.
(It's OK for Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 and Netscape 6.)
(Netscape 4 is not supported.)
open another window for Web-Hanglin-pack
look up the on-line Korean-English dictionary
in Lycos Korea
- First of all, Mr. Jeanluca released original "Hanglin", which is a Windows
application and shareware. (November 2001)
- Next, Mr. Jeanluca released "Web-Hanglin", which is
a simple version of "Hanglin".
"Web-Hanglin" is used on "Gogaku no Syuugyou"(study foreign languages)
corner in his Homepage. (December 2001)
- And next, I(chiyu) arranged Web-Hanglin for packaging,
so as to set it easily on one's homepages.(January 2002)
You may freely use the Web-Hanglin-pack provided
that the following conditions are met:
- You must link to the page for "Hanglin", a Windows shareware for
http://www02.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ra2/imaijean/HanIntro.htm , or
- You must let us know the URL of your web-page on which
you set Web-Hanglin-pack:
firstname.lastname@example.org), or to
- You may not allowed to use Web-Hanglin-pack for profit-making
or hysteric opinion. Whenever we(Jeanluca or chiyu) can stop
you use Web-Hanglin-pack.
How to Use
You have to put hglin-p.css and
hglin-p.js in the same
directory as your html file is.
In your html file, you have to put these lines properly:
First, in the header part (between <head> and </head>)
you put these lines:
<LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="hglin-p.css">
Next, you put these lines to display Web-Hanglin-pack panel:
(where the argument of the function "set_hanglin"
means a textarea name or input form name.)
(The argument must be enclosed by double quotation marks.)
For example, if you put a form as
then the argument of set_hanglin
<INPUT size="20" type="text" name="mytext">
If you use
in place of
, you can use some extended features:
- Display hanguls in DIV tag, as well as in textarea.
Convenient when hanguls in textarea are garble.
- Convert hanguls to Unicode numbers(Numerical Character Reference Entities).
In some BBS, it may be usefull to use these Unicode numbers.
This program is WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY.
- November 23, 2001
- Chiyu made a pseudo-Hanglin using DynamicHTML(for IE5).
- December 1, 2001
- Mr. Jeanluca made the Web-Hanglin.
- December 12, 2001
- Chiyu made Web-Hanglin-pack ver 0.1, by modifing the original Web-Hanglin.
- December 18, 2001
- Web-Hanglin-pack ver 0.2
- January 6, 2002
- ver 0.3 (add "about Web-Hanglin-pack" link 2002.2.14)
- February 28, 2002
- ver 0.33 (correct a bug on Mozilla around onmouseover event)
- October 21, 2002
- ver 0.34 (change what Lycos dictionary option to use, change Copyright link to open new window.)
- May 13, 2003
- ver 0.4 (display hanguls in div tags, update Lycos dictionary URL.)
- May 14, 2003
- ver 0.41 (modified Lycos-dictionary-searching-page.)
- Dec 6, 2003
- ver 0.411 (bug fix at lycos-koreng-main.htm)
- Jan 20, 2005
You can contact with me(chiyu) via E-mail at
and my(chiyu) web-site is